- Product Description
Extra support to help you prevent rolling your ankle!
Designed by an athletic trainer, the ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support provides excellent control and helps prevent the ankle from rolling over inside the shoe. This ankle support is ideal for athletes and active people who suffer from chronic ankle sprains and instabilities.
The lateral straps keep the ankle locked in a neutral position. These lateral straps are further secured in place with a partial figure-8 medial strap and a high ankle cuff closure that ensures the "lateral strap" stays in place.
The low profile design of this ankle support makes it easy to fit in any athletic or even dress shoe. Easy to apply, all you need to do is secure the velcro closures in the front. We find the front closure to work a little better than the slip-on design and it can be easily adjusted without removing the shoe. It's also faster to apply and more economical than constantly taping your ankle!
Constructed of a durable, ballistic nylon for long lasting wear. Nylon lined neoprene provides warmth and compression, yet allows for full dorsal and plantar flexion.
ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support is used with:
- Grade I or II Ankle Sprains
- Chronic Ankle Instabilities
- Recurring Ankle Injuries
Product Features...and the benefits you'll experience!
- Non-Stretch Lateral Straps
Your ankle is properly supported so you reduce the chance of rolling your ankle.
- Medial Strap Supports
Enjoy extra support in your arch and resists pronation of your ankle joint.
- Coated Fabric
Makes your brace more durable and lasts longer.
- Durable Nylon Construction
The nylon is lined with neoprene to provide warmth and compression, while allowing for full dorsal and plantar flexion.
Sizing and Measurements
Click on the Size Chart tab above to learn how to measure your ankle to determine what brace size you need.
Shop our complete selection of ankle braces.
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Measurement: For proper size, measure the circumference of the ankle taken above medial/lateral malleoli.
Size Ankle Circumference XXS 6"- 7 1/2" XS 8 1/2"- 9 1/2" S/M 9 1/2" - 10 1/2" L/XL 10 1/2"- 11 1/2" XXL 12 1/2"- 13 1/2"
- Product Questions (23)
ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support Brace
- 9/11/2016 9:01 PM
- After some spine damage, my left ankle has a tendency to supinate unexpectedly. Will this brace help stop that? If not, can you recommend one that will (preferably one that comes in black)?
- We would recommend the DonJoy Velocity Ankle Brace. The Velocity is our top ankle support to help prevent ankle injury, and provide great support and stability.
- 8/10/2016 12:39 PM
- will the Klassy help hold a drop foot?
- The Kallassy will support the bottom of the foot. However, a better brace that is designed specifically for drop foot is the Procare Lite AFO. https://www.betterbraces.com/procare-super-lite-a-f-o
- 7/2/2016 5:51 AM
- Would this product be good for Achilles issues?
- No, for an achillies issue we would recommend you use our AIRCAST AIRHEEL ARCH & HEEL SUPPORT. This would be good for support and to help relieve pain. .The AirHeel™ brace is equipped with two interconnected aircells located under the foot arch and in back of the achilles tendon. When you take a step, the first air chamber (under the arch) begins to collapse thus reducing the stress to the plantar fascia under the arch. Air is forced into the chamber surrounding the achilles tendon which then inflates. The inflated achilles chamber applies compression to the achilles tendon to shorten the lever arm thus reducing strain on the tendon.please see link below:
- 5/2/2016 10:15 PM
- I walk regularly for exercise, but am recently experiencing ankle instability with a tendency to roll that I rarely had before, and I don't want an injury . I wear an Ecco walking shoe which offers good support for the foot but not the ankle. First question: I'm thinking that either the ProCare Kallassy or the Aircast A60 would be best for me - can you help me decide ? I'd like it to be easy to apply and fit comfortably in my shoe. My second question is about the size to order. Ankle circumference is 9 1/2 inches above the malleoli which would be a size S/M For the Kallassy but a large for the A60 according to my 13+ shoe size. Wouldn't I need a larger size Kallassy brace to match my larger shoe size or get the S/M indicated by the 9 1/2 inch ankle measurement ?
- Both braces are easy to put on. The A60 pulls on and is for mild support with two plastic stays in the brace. The Kallassy is also easy to put on as you just step into it and it velcros in front of the ankle then there is a strap that wraps around the ankle to give you more support. The Kallassy is going to provide a little more support than the A60. The braces are tru to size and method of sizing.
- 1/1/2016 4:21 AM
- i would like to get a right and a left in the same order, how do I get this order thru
- You will need to add one right brace to your cart then go back and add one left brace to your cart
- 12/31/2015 2:03 PM
- My daughter plays club and varsity soccer. She has weak ankles and has sustained sprains I and II of both. Is this brace good for this type of injuries and is t better than taping the ankles?
- I would suggest the Don Joy Stabilizing Pro Ankle Brace. This brace simulates ankle tapping except it will no get loose after 30 minutes of sweating. The brace is the same brace worn by many collegiate athletes. https://www.betterbraces.com/donjoy-stabilizing-pro-ankle-brace
- 12/8/2015 2:19 PM
- Is this brace closed over the heel or is the heel area open?
- It is open in the back of the heel
- 10/20/2015 1:30 PM
- Which brace do you recommend for surfing with a recovering broken and sprained ankle (after doc gives ok, of course) to provide a bit of support and confidence?
The Air cast Air Sport ankle brace would be a good choice for you to wear while surfing. The brace can be worn with a shoe and still be supportive https://www.betterbraces.com/aircast-airsport-ankle-brace
- 2/6/2015 11:59 PM
- I play girls lacrosse and have a general weakness in both ankles, I had a high ankle sprain in my left ankle and am looking at new ankle braces. Would the Kallasy prevent ankle injuries and help my weakness or should I look for a different brace? Must fit in cleats and (sometimes) regular shoes.
The Don Joy Stabilizing Pro ankle braces are going to be the best support for you while you play lacrosse. These braces are worn by athletes, fit into shoe and cleast well and will provide great protection for your ankles.
- 2/5/2015 9:00 AM
- My ankle is 8". XXS goes to 7.5" and XS begins at 8.5". What happened to 8" circumference?
Go ahead and get the XS brace
- 8/22/2014 6:18 PM
- My left ankle rolls to the inside when I walk, would this help?
Yes this ankle brace should help keep the ankle from rolling.
- 7/21/2014 4:14 PM
- Would you say this is the best ankle brace you have for a basketball player who has sprained both ankles before?
The best brace for a basketball player is the DonJoy Stabilizing Pro ankle Brace https://www.betterbraces.com/donjoy-stabilizing-pro-ankle-brace
- 4/2/2014 8:01 PM
- If my ankle measurement is 10.5 inches, what size Kallassay brace should I order?
- If that is the circumference of your ankle then you would be a S/M
- 2/2/2014 1:05 PM
- I am learning to play ice hockey. When I turn to the right putting weight on my outside edge of the right skate my ankle inverts to much and I lose the edge and fall. I'm wondering if this brace will fit in a hockey skate very well?
- Yes the brace will fit in your skate
- 9/18/2013 5:37 AM
- My eight year old daughter (who wears a size 1 1/2) is in pain after every soccer practice/ game. Would the XX-Small work for her?
She may be too small for one of our braces. I woudl try the 2X, with better braces you do have a 90 day policy if it didnt work you could return it.
- 8/30/2013 12:44 PM
- How high above the ankle does the Pro Care Kallassy & the Aircast Airsport come in the medium?
- This brace is 8 inches tall. How high it goes past the ankle would depend on how long your shin is.
- 4/28/2013 12:32 PM
- I will be using the brace in Karate without shoes. I'm looking at the aircast a60 and this procare Kallasey in white. Which do you think would give me the best support and not interfer with my movement on the floor.
- We would recommend the Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace. It is designed for Chronic sufferers of ankle sprains. The braces includes foam-filled aircell cushions, semi-rigid lateral supports that prevent inversion/eversion, and compression.
If you are looking for Mild Support we recommend the Aircast A60.
Should you have additional questions please call product Support at 1-888-336-6569.
- 3/18/2013 12:19 PM
- Will these braces provide not only support but pain releif for a young athlete that is experiencing growth related pain issues? Thank you.
- This product is designed for ankle sprains. It will stabilize and ankle and lock the Talus in to prevent "rolling" the ankle. We do not have a product specifically made to alleviate the pain from growing.
- 10/30/2012 7:39 PM
- can I get these ankle braces in black?? My coach recommended these braces, and I would prefer them to be black to go better with my basketball shoes.
- Hi Kelsea,
The Kallassy does not come in black. I recommend the DonJoy Stabilizing Ankle Brace. It comes is black and offers great ankle protection.
Have a nice day.
- 5/29/2012 5:33 PM
- If I play tennis, and I have rolled my left ankle 3 times this year. Would you recommend to buy for my two feet, or just the left one?
- If you are prone to ankle injuries you could use this product to prevent an ankle injury on your uninvolved ankle.
- 3/28/2012 8:19 PM
- Does this brace also tie up with shoelaces or is it secured with all velcro? How do you put it on? Thanks.
- It is secured with velcro, no laces.
- 8/20/2011 10:45 AM
- Is this a good ankle brace for someone that plays volleyball?
- Yes the Procare Kallassy is good for volleyball players, so is the Donjoy Velocity Ankle brace.
- 11/23/2010 9:17 AM
- can you wear regular shoes with this? I am looking for something that I can wear daily with my regular shoes to prevent my ankle from rolling. I have chronic problems with that and need something to wear daily that will help prevent this. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.
- Yes, you can wear most shoes with this ankle brace. It will add some bulk as does any ankle brace, but the Kallassy ankle brace is one of the thinner ankle braces on the market. In general athletic or walking shoes will be most comfortable. Dress shoes that fit tighter will be more snug.
- Reviews (11)
ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support Brace
Write Your Own Review
Your honest feedback
helps other visitors
in selecting their products
Customer Reviews 11 item(s)
Excellent productAwesome braces. Bought 2 of them about 5 years ago. Wear both approximately 5 hrs every week playing volleyball and they are still in good shape. You will not roll your ankle with these braces. I have come down on other players feet and have literally fallen down because these braces will not let you roll your ankle. They are so lightweight you forget you even have them on. I will never buy any other brace as long as these are available.
They're the bestI started wearing these braces about 10 years ago, after having sprains and twists playing both volleyball and tennis. I haven't had any sprains since! I play these sports pretty hard, and with abandon. I figure there are probably two or three occasions per year where I've had a situation that might have resulted in a sprain. When those situations come and go now, I just smile. The slight inconvenience of wearing the braces has prevented the major inconvenience of being out a month nursing a sprain. I love them!
Awesome resultsI used to roll one of my ankles (they are both susceptible) every six months or so, but I'm addicted to playing soccer and basketball. I tried several styles - lace-up, stiff plastic on the sides - with no luck. Since wearing these, starting in the early 90's, I've not rolled them once! The side velcro supports and crossover strap do a great job of supporting the ankle and preventing roll in my foot. I would highly recommend these braces!
Great productI have been using the Kallassy Ankle Supports for over ten years. I always had weak ankles but these braces fixed my problem. For people that have weak ankles and like to play tennis, these are the best.
20 years laterMy mom bought this for me when i was 16 in my gymnastics career. Still holding up. Still the best brace I've ever owned. Buying more for my gymnast daughter.
Great Ankle BraceThis is a great, comfortable ankle brace. I bought my first Kallassy ankle brace about 12 years ago after a tennis injury and continue to wear it to this day. These days I only wear it for playing soccer. It's comfortable and keeps me from spraining my ankle again. Recently, I sprained my other ankle in a soccer game so now I own one for each ankle. They are comfortable, keep me from spraining my ankle and like I said the first one has lasted at least 12 years of wearing it once or twice a week. You won't be disappointed with this brace.
Good functional ankle supportGreat in lateral support to prevent roll over of the ankle. The two inch nylon band to do the final wrap around is a bit weak and tends to tear. The second pair I had a nylon band sewn to enhance it. Working and lasting longer. In the process of ordering my third set. I could not play tennis without these ankle supports. Good product!
Good ProductLightweight and stable.
Better Fit.Better fit than the one I returned.
Great productI've been an ankle roller since high school many, many years ago. I bought my first pair of Kallasy supports a dozen years ago and I've been a fan since. I've had to replace them when the cross strap wears out. I'm going to buy new ones now!!!
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
- 9/11/2016 9:01 PM