- Product Description
This support is just right for warm weather climates and it can bring welcome relief to neoprene allergic patients suffering from patellofemoral disorders.
Features and Benefits
- High quality cotton elastic
- Silicone donut for patellar control
- Lightweight, breathable
- Dual Medial lateral spiral stays
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Take the measurement of your thigh and calf 6" above and below your kneecap using a flexible type tape measure. Use the diameter you measure here to choose your size.
Size Thigh Knee Center Calf S 15 1/2" - 18 1/2" 13"-14" 12"-14" M 18 1/2"- 21" 14"-15" 14"-16" L 21"- 23 1/2" 15"-17" 16"-18" XL 23 1/2" - 26 1/2" 17"-19" 18"-20"
1.Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, legs slightly bent and leg muscles contracted. 2. Measure up six inches from the center of your knee with a tape measure, as shown. 3. Measure the circumference of your thigh at the 6-inch mark, as shown. 4. Measure down six inches from the center of your knee with a tape measure, as shown. Then measure the circumference of your calf at the 6-inch mark.
- Product Questions (10)
DonJoy Elastic Knee Sleeve
- 4/26/2016 8:20 AM
- I've been diagnosed with bursitis in my knee due to a fall. What would be the best type of brace to use?
- You should get a knee sleeve for compression to the area. The AnaForm Warming Sleeve would be appropriate
- 3/24/2016 10:09 AM
- I need knee support and also knee padding to protect from kneeling on a hard floor. Will this support do the trick?
- Try the Spider knee pad instead
- 5/18/2014 8:19 PM
- I am considering a DonJoy Elastic Knee Sleeve. My knee measurement does not fit the range for thigh and calf measurements. Thigh 18 3/4", Knee 16 1/2", Calf 13 3/4". What size do I need? Or would this not work for me?
- According to your measurments you should try the medium
- 12/20/2013 12:14 PM
- My daughter is a level 9/10 gymnast. Her left knee began hurting during her state meet last year. Referral to an orthopedic specialist who had an MRI ordered showed that there was no structural damage to her knee, just a buildup of fluid beneath the patella as well as to the side. Rx strength Naproxen, rest, ice, knee sleeve (not the DonJoy), glucosamine/chondroitin supplement, and increase in leg conditioning to build up the front of her quadraceps were ordered. When that did not signifcantly decrease the swelling, she received injections of Depo Medrol and lidocaine directly into the fluid filled areas which seemed to do the trick. Pain returned 4 months later and she still does not have structural damage to the knee. She is no longer wearing her knee sleeve as she says it doesn't work. My guess is that after 6 months, the sleeve may have stretched to the point it isn't supporting the knee. Would the DonJoy knee sleeve be a better solution for a knee sleeve? While her knee has improved, it isn't 100% yet and may not be as we are starting another gymnastics season. My goal is to find a way to use a sleeve along with her other routines prescribed to her (see above) to allow her to add support to her knee. As a junior in high school, she doesn't want to ruin chances of upcoming college scholarships or give up all she has worked for in the past 10+ years.
The DonJoy is the leading brand among orthopedic bracing, it is a good option when choosing any brace. All the knee sleeve on Betterbraces.com have a 6 month warranty, so if you choose a sleeve that doesn't holdup over that period, it will be replaced at no cost to you. That being said, the DonJoy Spiral Elastic Knee Sleeve may be a good option for your daughter, as it has an open patella. The DonJoy Performer Knee Support Brace is a neoprene option that would work well also. Thank you for your question and best of luck in the upcoming gymnastics season!
- 10/3/2013 6:35 PM
- I'm looking for a flexible knee sleeve for my daughter that is a dancer. She has jumpers knee & she needs to wear support on her patella while she dances. Now she wears a patellar knee strap but I think a sleeve would be better but I don't know which one would be best for her because of the flexibility issue. Please let me know if you have one for her needs. Thank you.
Thank you for contacting Product Support. If you are looking for a knee support that will help with your daughters "jumpers knee", the patellar strap is a good choice and will allow for full range of motion. A knee sleeve does not give the support needed for her condition. A better option would be one of our knee supports with a adjustable patella donut. The Procare Lites Visco Knee Support is made with lightweight strechable elastic and has a silicone buttress inside the sleeve for patellofemoral stabilization. Here is the link to the brace on our retail website BetterBraces.com. https://www.betterbraces.com/procare-lites-visco-knee-support
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.
Diana Keith MA, ATC
Product Support Specialist
DJO Healthcare Services
A DJO Global Company
1430 Decision St, Vista, CA 92081-8553
Responsibility Restorative Discipline Consistency Competition
Confidentiality Notice: This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this message in error, please advise the sender and then delete this message and any attachments immediately
- 8/1/2013 12:08 AM
- I have chondromalacia patella since about 3 years ago... Did some PT but didn't really get better... I do walk a lot in school and the hospital and go up and down a lot of stairs at the end of the day my knee is killing me... I do live in a warm climate and I am looking for a knee brace that isn't too bulky to wear with normal clothes... Apart from that is this a good brace for my condition?
- Hello Jenny,
I recommend trying a Knee Sleeve for compression and support. Please see the links below with my recommendations for your injury.
https://www.betterbraces.com/donjoy-drytex-adjustable-patella-donut https://www.betterbraces.com/procare-sport-knee-reinforced https://www.betterbraces.com/donjoy-performer-patella-knee-support
Thanks for Contacting Donjoy.
- 6/11/2013 2:13 PM
- I had ACL, medial lateral menicus surgery almost 4 years ago. I hardly wear a brace because its always felt good but lately its been swollen and clicking a bit. I have a brace with hinges but its kind of bulky. Will a sleeve brace help or should I use the bulky brace. I'm a UPS driver so i walk a lot. Thanks
- Hello Michael,
Do you have Osteoarthritis? Typically someone who has had a meniscus injury will develop OA. What has your Physician suggested?
We have some options for you. I recommend a Hinge Brace to support the Meniscus, you can chose from a Soft Hinge or a Rigid Hinge Brace. Or you have the option of an OA rigid brace. Below find the links.
Please call a Product Specialist with additional questions. 1-888-405-3251.
- 4/20/2013 4:46 PM
- How are they sized? what measurement do I need?
- Hello, Amy -
You need to take 3 circumference measurements:
1. Around the center of your knee
2. 6" above the center of your knee
3. 6" below the center of your knee.
There should be a size chart tab at the bottom that will then tell you where your size falls:
Size Thigh Knee Center Calf
XS 13" - 15.5" (33-39 cm) 12"-13" (30-33 cm) 10"-12" (25-30 cm)
S 15.5" - 18 .5" (39-47 cm) 13"-14" (33-35 cm) 12"-14" (30-35 cm)
M 18.5" - 21" (47-53 cm) 14"-15" (35-38 cm) 14"-16" (35-40 cm)
L 21" - 23.5" (53-60 cm) 15"-17" (38-43 cm) 16"-18" (40-45 cm)
XL 23.5" - 26.5" (60-67 cm) 17"-19" (43-48 cm) 18"-20" (45-50 cm)
XXL 26.5" - 29.5" (67-75 cm) 19"-21" (48-53 cm) 20"-22" (50-55 cm)
XXXL 29.5" - 32" (75-83 cm) 21"-23" (53-58 cm) 22"-24" (55-60 cm)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
- 8/18/2012 8:54 PM
- HOW DO I LAUNDER THIS ITEM? I DON'T HAVE THE BOX OR TAG ANYMORE.
- You want to hand wash it witha mild detergent, rinse it out and allow it to air dry.
- 6/9/2011 6:48 PM
- Will I have range of motion with this brace? can I play basketball with this?
- Yes, the Elastic knee sleeve, is a compression support, it allows full range of motion.
- Reviews (6)
DonJoy Elastic Knee Sleeve
Write Your Own Review
Your honest feedback
helps other visitors
in selecting their products
Customer Reviews 6 item(s)
Cheque it out, I think you will like it.I ordered this DonJoy brace on the recommendation of my friend and supervisor who has over two decades of experience as a heli guide in Canada and member of the Professional Ski Patrol at Squaw Valley. He also has an artificial knee on one side. He wears this brace on both sides. Since I have blown my right ACL on the right side twice I already had experience with the carbon fiber solid DonJoy braces. This brace definitely works for me. (I stopped wearing the solid braces some years back.) Cheque it out. (He is 68 and I am 67 years old.)Share Your Usage: Daily Use, Sports
Not comfortableWe ordered this for my husband. He is unable to wear it saying it is uncomfortable . He went back to wearing his other one so waste of money.
Hi Tracie, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that this product did not work for you. If it has been within 60 days of purchase, we can issue you a return. Please contact customer service. Thank you. -Customer Service
appreciate knee braceReceived knee brace in about 2 weeks. The initial order was out of stock. They immediately put in for a reorder. Only had to wait for 2 weeks.Pros: Only 2 weeks delivery time, including to have a reorder.
QualityUsing your measurements, I ordered the right size but it is too tight. The metal bars are pushing through the material and digging into my legsCons: Cannot wear it for more than an hour without the metal bar coming through. I feel it should have more reinforcement around the bars.Share Your Usage: Recently Injured, Daily Use, Chronic Instability
Hi Margaret, Thank you for your feedback. Sorry this brace did not work for you. We offer a no-risk, unconditional 30-day money back guarantee. View our return policy and start the returns process here: https://www.betterbraces.com/returns. Please contact customer service for any issues. Thank you, Customer Service 800-553-601927 Jul, 2017
Outstanding product.Outstanding product and exceptionally fast service.
QualityBrace is good however as a larger man, there needs to be a larger size. Also the blue fabric that encased the metal stay needs to be reinforced.
Pros: Good for my needsCons: Needs next size largerShare Your Usage: Chronic Instability, Daily Use
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
You may also like
Regular Price: $99.99
Special Price $89.99
- 4/26/2016 8:20 AM