- Product Description
*** Note: This item requires two weeks to ship ***
Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder Support is a convenient acromioclavicular joint protector. Its universal design fits both right and left shoulder. The breathable, hook-sensitive neoprene vest grips the skin to allow precise placement of the donut-shaped foam pad.
- Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder Support comes complete with vest, pad and adhesive-backed hook material
- Hard-shelled foam pad helps to protect the AC joint from further injury
- Adhesive-backed hook are applied to the foam pad to prevent migration
- Restrictive and uncomfortable straps are not necessary
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Size Chest Measurement Small 34-38" Medium 38-42" Large 42-46" X-Large 45-51"
- Product Questions (24)
Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder Support
- 5/11/2016 1:19 PM
- My brother has dislocated both of his shoulders many times in the past mainly due to falls while skateboarding, but now he can't play golf without sometimes throwing his shoulder out. Is there a brace that he could wear while playing golf to prevent this from happening or atleast help?
- The Don Joy Sull Shoulder stabilizer can provide support for the should bey restricting those motions that can cause the shoulder to dislocate. The vest comes with straps that can be place on the shoulder to help restrict shoulder motion. https://www.betterbraces.com/saunders-sully-shoulder-support
- 4/5/2016 2:26 PM
- Got a Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder support brace, but no instructions. Any trick for the proper way to use it?
- No the support is basic. Just put the neoprene piece on and attache velcro then the pad goes on top of the shoulder
- 3/17/2016 9:38 PM
- Will this help with shoulder spurs and the pain?
- This brace will offer compression warmth and cusioning for the top of the shoulder.
- 3/16/2016 10:21 AM
- I was in a accident last year in May, I was diagnosed with a chest contusion, a have a small herniated disc on T9, I been to specialists, therapy and the pain comes and goes, in my upper back and my right upper chest and my shoulder , so my question is will this brace will be able to compress my rib cage and my chest ass well?
- The support is neoprene and does go around the torso so it will offer compression to that area
- 1/6/2016 10:37 AM
- I had ac joint surgery 4 months ago i go back to work next week im still in pain I'm a meat cutter I'm required to lift 50-100 pounds would any of your braces help me
- We would only have something that will provide compression over the shoulder. Your shoulder is still healing so that pain while lifting that much weight might be normal, since it is not completely healed. I would recommend speaking to your surgeon and asking about the pain.
- 11/20/2015 6:31 AM
- I have partial AC Shoulder tears on the right and left side. Both are of similar severity not quite requiring surgical repair yet. I want to avoid this if possible. Do you have a product or can you recommend a product that will work for both shoulders. I have a 54" chest so I don't think the XL will work adequately. Please let me know your thoughts. I am active and it can be extremely bothersome.
You will need a bilateral support and we do not sell them on this consumer site. Follow this link: http://www.djoglobal.com/contact-us/sales-rep-locator
You can get the contact information for the local Don Joy rep who can help you with getting a bilateral shoulder stabilizer
- 11/2/2015 4:34 PM
- Can this be worn during basketball..and will it still allow movement to shoot
Yes you can wear this support while playing basketball and it will allow your arm to move.
- 8/30/2015 5:21 PM
- I have EDS and use crutches full time, which results in a lot of shoulder soreness. Would this brace help? Would it be safe to use two at a time?
- Thes shoulder supports are used for instability of the shoulders caused by Labrum tears, rotator cuff tears etc. You could wear the support for soreness as the support will provide compression and warmth. Bilateral braces are custom made
- 7/15/2015 9:44 PM
- I am a soccer goalie and recently separated my AC joint. I was wondering when I dive will the brace cause pain if landing on it? Also will I have full range of motion?
- Yes, the Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder Support will allow for full range of motion. The pad over the AC joint should not be painful if you land on it,, however every injury is different so we cannot say for sure if it will be completely painless. It will help provide added protection when you take a fall, and soften the blow, its certainly safe to say it would be more painful to land on it without wearing the brace.
- 6/2/2015 5:51 PM
- I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
My doctor advised I could begin hitting ground strokes and then start serving in a couple weeks
will this brace provide some preventative protection as well as allow enough freedom of movement to serve and hit forehand topspin strokes?
The Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder support is for Acromioclavicular (AC) sprains and the pad prevents impact to that area. It will provide compression to the top of the shoulder. A better choice would be the Sully Shoulder Stabilizer. This covers the entire shoulder and has straps that can be attached to restrict some movement. https://www.betterbraces.com/saunders-sully-shoulder-support
- I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
- 4/24/2015 11:05 AM
- I have a shoulder replacement with lots of pain. The doctors say there is nothing more they can do to relieve my pain. Will this brace relieve my pain?
This support will not help you shoulder but the Sully Shoulder stabilizer may help. The Sully will offer compression and the staps that come with can be used to restrict motions that may be painful
- 12/13/2014 1:07 PM
- Will this work for a Grade III AC Separation when my son runs sprints and hurdles in track?
This support is for AC separations, and contact sports. The support is to protect the AC joint. He can wear it when he runs, it will not limit his arm motion. If you want to limit arm motion then I would suggest the Sully Shoulder stabilizer. https://www.betterbraces.com/saunders-sully-shoulder-support
- 8/30/2014 12:07 PM
- Can I wear this while a back spot in cheer? I'll have to be able to lift my arms over my head
You should still be able to lift your arms while wearing this
- 8/22/2014 3:12 PM
- Do you have youth sizes?
- No small is the smallest size
- 7/17/2014 9:45 PM
- Can I wear this for football
Yes you can wear this for football
- 5/9/2014 7:52 AM
- I have a grade III AC joint injury and I was wondering if the Scully AC Shoulder support is suitable for use as an AC joint support/protector while playing rugby? We don't wear football style shoulder pads in rugby and I need something to protect my AC joint giving me the confidence to use my shoulder when tackling opposing team players.
- Thank you for your question. The Sully AC Shoulder Support would be the appropriate brace for you. The hard-shelled foam pad will give protection to your ac joint during contact sports.
- 4/16/2014 9:14 AM
- Will this support help with scapula muscle issues?
Instead I would suggest the Sully Shoulder Stabilizer: https://www.betterbraces.com/saunders-sully-shoulder-support You can use the straps to pull down on the scapula
- 2/4/2014 12:02 PM
- Will this brace provided some stability to the sternoclavicular joint? It looks like it would help stabilize my clavical while the joint recovers from a minor dislocation.
- Thank you for your question. It will only give a small amount of compression to the Sternoclavicular joint. Because, this brace is intended for acromioclavicular joint injuries you should speak with your physician about the best option for your injury.
- 1/27/2014 1:28 PM
- Can this brace be worn during wrestling do you know.
- It may not work while wrestling if you are going to use the straps. The straps are attached by velcro so they can easily be pulled off by an apponent. The only way it would work is if you did not use the straps
- 1/20/2014 10:20 PM
- Is this brace waterproof? I dislocated my shoulder years ago, and am looking for something to stabilize it while surfing.
- Thank you for your question. This brace is made of neoprene, much like a wet suit. You can wear it in the water, it would be advised to rinse well and hang dry after each use.
- 10/15/2013 7:22 PM
- Will this brace help reduce pain and/or additional irritation of a shoulder joint that basically has no cartiledge left and needs replacent?
Thank you for contacting product support. The Sully AC Shoulder Support is used for athletes who have sprained their shoulder at what is called the AC joint. They wear it to protect it from further injury while playing football usually. This may not be something that will help with your pain
- 8/12/2013 11:52 AM
- Is the pad portion of the brace foam or plastic, rigid or soft?
- Hello Amber,
The AC Pad is a rigid plastic on exterior and padding on interior.
Thanks for Contacting Donjoy.
- 8/18/2012 4:38 AM
- Is the a ladies version of this? How does it fit a woman with a chest? Need a support/brace for a badly separated shoulder for a female professional athlete.
- We do custom fit Sully braces.
- 7/27/2011 1:01 AM
- Could I wear this while playing hockey to help prevent injury to ac joint after my surgery on it?
- You should seek a physician's prescription for this product after surgery, however; yes many athletes do wear this product after an AC Separation.
- Reviews (5)
Chattanooga Sully AC Shoulder Support
Write Your Own Review
Your honest feedback
helps other visitors
in selecting their products
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
Bad investmentDidn't work at all. No directions with it. Then they deduct $7.50 for prepaid shipping on refund. Won't ever buy from Better Braces againPros: NothingCons: No directions Didn't work Charge me to ship backShare Your Usage: Recovering from Injury
Hi shorebirds58, thank you for your feedback. Sorry this brace did not work for you. We have let our product team know about the instructions. Did you by chance contact customer service about how to apply the brace properly? Return shipping deduction is part of our returns policy. Thank you. -Customer Service03 Jan, 2017
ExcellentI wear it to protect against roller derby hits. I forget that I'm wearing it. Very comfortable.Pros: Provides protection and fits under my jersey just fine. Reasonable price for the protection.Cons: It does not look great under my jersey. If I take it off during a game halftime it is very hard to get it back on until it dries. I wish there was protection on both shoulders and not just one shoulder.Share Your Usage: Preventing Injury, Sports
Good - holds AC joint in placeHolds AC joint in place better. I notice I'm not pulling down my collar bone.
Shoulder is feeeling better.Easy to put on without assistance. My shoulder does feel since I have been using the Sully support. It also is reasonably priced.
Great productJust awesome
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
- 5/11/2016 1:19 PM