We posted many blogs from Dr. Kevin McIntyre of Burlington Sports Therapy. In one of his recent posts, he mentioned how he himself was experiencing back pain and wrote about the steps to take when you have back pain. He talked about speaking with a health professional and what to do before you get a chance to see your doctor in person. Some of his advice included:
- See your doctor in person, and don’t just rely on Google.
- Use cold therapy for the back, not heat therapy.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Keep moving, don’t stay bed-ridden. In fact, keep moving instead of staying in one position, such as sitting, for long periods of time.
- Don’t stretch until you see your doctor.
Check out the full article to learn about the recommended steps to take when you’re experiencing lower back pain. As suggested in the article, seeing your doctor is the most important course of action when you have back pain. Feel free to browse our selection of back braces and learn more about back injuries as well!