It’s not a contact sport, so we may not think tennis is a high-risk game. However, because of the fast-paced movement, agility, quick responses and footwork, tennis players are prone to ankle injuries.1
A tennis player’s chances of rolling an ankle are very high, due to the side-to-side movement and sudden changes in direction while on the court. The surface also plays a role, as hard courts are less forgiving than clay courts.
- Inversion ankle sprains which can damage the ankle ligaments and can be associated with peroneal tendon injuries and ankle fractures.
- Excessive training can lead to plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, stress fractures, or posterior tibial tendonitis (PTTD)
To help manage ankle sprains and ligament injuries, many professional tennis players wear ankle braces while playing. In fact, British tennis star Andy Murray wears an Aircast A60 ™ ankle brace. Like many tennis players, he’s sprained his ankles multiple times and now wears a tennis ankle brace for prevention and added support.
What Makes the Aircast A60™ So Unique?
An ankle sleeve or brace can help reduce swelling while supporting the ligaments. However, what sets the Aircast A60™ apart is how the brace supports the weakest point in the ankle. Featuring a single strap for support and easy adjustments, each side of the brace is molded at a 60-degree angle to help guard against ankle sprains and rollovers. This allows tennis players to move side to side and respond quickly on the court with support, comfort, and confidence.
Constructed of breathable material, the A60 helps keep the ankle cool and dry when wearing. The lightweight, anatomical design provides comfort without all the bulk. In addition, the Aircast A60™ ankle support is:
- Easy to put on because of its single-strap design
- Breathable and lightweight because of its unique material, keeping your foot cool and dry
- Anatomically designed for a sleek and comfortable fit
- Less bulky than other braces—fits easily in most shoes
- Great for sports
Not only is the A60™ a good ankle brace for sports, but it is also waterproof so you can have support on land or in water.
Get ready for your next tennis match with an Aircast A60™ ankle brace and you can start preventing ankle injuries!
The contents of this blog were independently prepared, and are for informational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not necessarily indicative of the views of any other party. Individual results may vary depending on a variety of patient-specific attributes and related factors.