- Product Description
Product Features and Benefits
- Combination of foam and distal aircell provides superior cushioning of the injured joint
- Universal semi-rigid shells prevent further injury while allowing normal ambulation
- Adjustable heel pad for easy fit.
- Brace height adjusts to range of 5" - 6.5"
- Ankle sprain
- Chronic ankle instability
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Description Brace Length Air-Stirrup Light 5 - 6.5" (12.7 - 16.5 cm)
- Ask A Question (11)
Aircast Air-Stirrup Light
Product QuestionsAsk a Question
Ask Your Own Question
- 7/27/2016 8:24 PM
- My daughter has a sprained ankle and was given an air cast at urgent care. Her leg is wide so the straps do not go all the way around. Do you have an air cast for wider legs or strap extensions?
- You may order the extended straps through DJO Global 800.336.6569 they will charge an extra fee to make a custom strap to help her fit into the brace.
- 7/18/2016 4:33 PM
- Hi, I got an air cast air-stirrup light for a mid-level sprain. Having trouble knowing how tight it should be. It hits an area of my ankle and is very painful. How loose should it be around your heel? Thanks
- The Aircast Air-Stirrup Light fit should be supportive, snug but not tight and restricting.
- 3/30/2015 2:58 PM
- What is the main difference between this brace and the aircast sport stirrup? I tend to sprain my ankle frequently and was looking for a comfortable brace to wear with shoes that won't stretch out the shoe too much.
Other than the color the Light is Universal for both left and right ankles and the hieght of the brace only goes up to 6.5"
- 12/30/2014 6:42 PM
- I was given a black "Aircast Air-stirrup Universe Ankle Brace 02E" at the doctor's office for a swollen ankle. Is there a right and left for this model or are they interchangeable? My left ankle is hurt and from looking at your videos it seems I might have a right side brace. There is no "foot" at the bottom of my brace to help as a guide to which foot the brace is for.
That brace is universal it will fit on either foot
- 5/24/2014 10:10 AM
- Should I be able to flex my foot in this? I recently purchased this and am unsure whether or not I should be able to move it.
- Thank you for your question. You will be able to flex/extend your ankle with this product. The AirCast Air-Stirrup Light is designed to give stability to the ankle to keep in from "rolling".
- 7/22/2013 7:55 PM
- I was given this item when i was brought to the trauma room at our hospital. my problem is they didnt show how to inflate it. could you please instruct me on this.I appreciate any info that you can give me.
There is a tip on the top of the Air Bladder, open up the air bladder and blow air into it to comfort. Once this is done, fold down
and procedure is complete.
Thanks for Contacting Donjoy.
- 10/10/2012 8:28 PM
- What would you recommend for itching due to long-term use (its been 3 months since a severe ankle sprain, all is well accept i cannot pivot without pain and it's still prone to rolling due to lax ankle ligaments/tendons)
- The Air Stirrup is not recommended for activity. You should look at the AirCast AirSport, the Velocity or the DonJoy Stabilizing Ankle brace.
- 2/14/2011 8:48 AM
- I am using this stirrup and the heel strap is starting to tear. Can I get a replacement?
- If you obtained this Aircast Air-Stirrup Light from us, please email us @ email@example.com with your order number.
If not, you'll need to contact the location from where you made the purchase.
- 1/22/2011 8:08 AM
- Is this suitable for either foot?and are there aircells in this model like the regular stirrup model---I have had good results with the regular model--but the darker color appealed to me .
- Hello Carol,
This item is universal left or right.
- 1/22/2011 8:00 AM
- Are the sides of the light model made of the same plastic as the regular air cast?
- The Aircast Air-Stirrup Light is made with the same semi-rigid material as the Aircast Air-Stirrup. The difference is that the Air-Stirrup Light shell is not contoured at the ankle bones like the Air-Stirrup and the Light has padding under the shells instead of the patented duplex air cells of the Air-Stirrup.
- 9/10/2010 1:12 PM
- does this product fit in a shoe
- Yes. The Aircast Air Stirrup Lite will fit into most athletic shoes.
- Reviews (2)
Aircast Air-Stirrup Light
Quality 5 star :100% ( 2 )
Write Your Own ReviewSort by:
2 Item(s)per page
AWESOME!!!!!!!!Reviewed by: MaddyI came out of er wit one of these and the pain goes away every time i put it on. but don't suggest wearing it to a 6 game lacrosse game wit nothing covering the bottom pad or els it will break (: i got a new one and i NEVER i repeat NEVER leave the house without it. great product (:Posted on May 1, 2013
It is very goodReviewed by: Ankle and Knee SpainI went to the er and came out with a ankle sprain and knee sprain. The product is comfortable but as you can probably imagine it does not take away all the pain. I am on crutches for a week or so. :(Posted on April 23, 2013
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
- 7/27/2016 8:24 PM