- Product Description
The Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica is designed to provide support for wrist and thumb injuries from ligament instability, sprains, or jammed thumbs. The removable dual stabilizers located above and below the hand provide support for post-operation or after removing a cast or splint. The thumb spica immobilizes the thumb to allow the thumb to heal. While the wrist and thumb are protected, you still have full finger movement. The adjustable straps offer a personalized fit while the Breathe-O-Prene material provides comfort and coolness. Ideal for daily wear.
Features & Benefits
- Dual stabilizers with thumb spica restrict movement while permitting full finger function.
- Adjustable straps and three sizes ensure personalized fit.
- Contoured shape and breathable fabric promote comfort.
- Wrist injuries (ligament instability, sprain or muscle strain)
- Dequervain's Tenosynovitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Post-operative application
- Post-removal of casting or splint
- Sprained or jammed thumb
To clean, wash with mild detergent and water. Air dry.
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Sizes Wrist Circumference (around ulnar prominence) Small 5 - 6.5" (12.7 - 16.5 cm) Medium 6.25 - 7.75" (15.9 - 19.7 cm) Large 7.5 - 9" (19 - 22.9 cm)
- Ask A Question (12)
Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica
Product QuestionsAsk a Question
Ask Your Own Question
- 6/28/2016 8:21 PM
What materials are used in the soft and hard portions of this product, and how rigid is it? Comparatively to an actual short arm cast of fibre?
- This brace will not give you the same support as an actual short arm cast. This is a soft brace with breathable fabric. The wrist and thumb are protected with removable stabilizers, but you still have full movement of your fingers.
- 3/23/2016 11:47 AM
- What does this brace weigh? Is the teal colored sleeve included? I like this because it doesn't appear to encompass the forearm. I have de quervain's left side and am a small 5.5" wrist
- The brace wieghs about 1/2 lb and the sleeve is attached to the brace
- 1/28/2016 8:23 PM
- I have been told I have trigger finger and tendinitis of my thumb. I am in need of a brace that will totally immobilize my thumb Right now I am in a removable hard cast 1/2 side that is secured with an ace bandage. Will this brace provide complete support for my thumb and immobilize it from tip to wrist?
- The A2 Wrist and thumb will immobilize the thumb completely.
- 10/6/2015 8:57 AM
- Is this brace suitable for Dequervain's Tenosynovitis? The others I found that said "thumb spica" haven't kept my thumb from moving very well and aren't tight enough to give the support I'm looking for.
- Yes the Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica is indicated for Dequervain's
- 9/23/2015 4:26 PM
- I suffer from bursitis in multiple joints. It is in my wrist and thumb. I currently own a Procare Quick Fit WTO. I've never liked the fit. It's very bulky. I'm now needing a spica split for my left hand and was wondering if this air cast a2 model could replace what I have? If not what do you recommend?
- The A2 Wrist brace with thumb spica is definitely going to be a little cooler than the WTO. Any brace that covers both the wrist and thumb is going to be a little bulky. It may be slightly less bulky than the WTO.
- 8/7/2015 8:28 AM
- I have tendentious in thumb, wrist and elbows. I've tried so many braces that put too much pressure on the thumb. Can the stabilizers be removed and are they bendable to to fit my thumbs.
- The stays in the thumb on this brace cannot be removed but they are aluminum so they should be able to be molded.
- 5/4/2015 11:57 PM
- Is this recommended for tenosynovitis? I don't want to get a brace that will aggravate the sore area by pressing on it.
- Yes, this brace can be used for tenosynovitis.
- 6/18/2014 10:34 AM
- Is it suitable for wear 7 weeks after a scaphoid fracture, as well as dislocation of other wrist bones?
- Yes, you should be able to wear this brace after that time period.
- 12/1/2013 4:57 AM
- Will this brace work with carpel tunnel syndrome pain to wear all the time and not just at night. All the others that I have tried do not relieve my pain, so I thought I would try a different type other than the cheap flimsy ones you buy at Walmart.
- This will help with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and you can wear it all the time. Did you have troubles with your thumb? This does immobilize your thumb as well. If you just need something for your wrist then you will need this.
- 11/16/2013 9:15 PM
- Do you recommend this brace to use after a cmc joint athroplasty surgery?
- This brace will work fine after the surgery you had. It will immobilize the thumb as well as the wrist.
- 5/29/2013 3:42 PM
- I have the Aircast A2 wrist brace with spica. I would like to know how to clean this model without ruining it. It smells awful (probably bacteria/fungus) and is causing skin problems (fungus). We have to use it at least another four weeks during the day until a scaphoid fracture is fully healed.
- We recommend Hand Washing the brace with water and a mild detergent/soap. Do not put in washing machine or dryer. Air dry the brace.
- 4/7/2013 9:09 AM
- Is there any thumb icing or cooling for the lower joint portion of the thumb at the base of the palm, where it joins the wrist? Or any cooling packets to be adjusted or added to hand elastic support gloves?
- The Cryo/Cuff hand and wrist cuff can be used to ice the hand/thumb. Unfortunately we do not have anything that works in adjunct to our wrist braces.
- Reviews (2)
Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica
Quality 5 star :50% ( 1 ) 4 star :50% ( 1 )
Write Your Own ReviewSort by:
2 Item(s)per page
Fantastic support, just needs to be softer!Reviewed by: jo carrollLove the brace! I do wish however there was a few spots that had padding. I put a roll of gauze in the palm of my hand to keep it from rubbing on the brace where the medal piece is. I had less fatigue in my fingers after this. Also i wish there was padding where the thumb and medal meet at the end. Being that my thumb tries to move but can't because of the brace makes for it pushing on the medal piece. One last thing is the strap for the thumb should either be lined or have a larger piece of material between it and the strap. The small piece of material moves and your thumb is left rubbing against the velcro strap. All in all a fantastic support, just needs a few softer edges.Posted on May 23, 2016Would you recommend this product?Likely
Great serviceReviewed by: StevenThank you for the PROMPT shipment!!
My son has an avulsion fracture on his thumb and NEEDED the brace. He is a soccer player and his first game was tonight. Without the brace, he could not have played. He played and scored a goal. Score one for the home team and score one for YOUR team. Ordered Wednesday night and arrived Friday morning. OUTSTANDING!!Posted on March 11, 2010
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
- 6/28/2016 8:21 PM