- Product Description
The Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica is designed to provide support for wrist and thumb injuries from ligament instability, sprains, or jammed thumbs. The removable dual stabilizers located above and below the hand provide support for post-operation or after removing a cast or splint. The thumb spica immobilizes the thumb to allow the thumb to heal. While the wrist and thumb are protected, you still have full finger movement. The adjustable straps offer a personalized fit while the Breathe-O-Prene material provides comfort and coolness. Ideal for daily wear.
Features & Benefits
- Dual stabilizers with thumb spica restrict movement while permitting full finger function.
- Adjustable straps and three sizes ensure personalized fit.
- Contoured shape and breathable fabric promote comfort.
- Wrist injuries (ligament instability, sprain or muscle strain)
- Dequervain's Tenosynovitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Post-operative application
- Post-removal of casting or splint
- Sprained or jammed thumb
To clean, wash with mild detergent and water. Air dry.
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Sizes Wrist Circumference (around ulnar prominence) Small 5 - 6.5" (12.7 - 16.5 cm) Medium 6.25 - 7.75" (15.9 - 19.7 cm) Large 7.5 - 9" (19 - 22.9 cm)
- Product Questions (12)
Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica
- 6/28/2016 8:21 PM
What materials are used in the soft and hard portions of this product, and how rigid is it? Comparatively to an actual short arm cast of fibre?
- This brace will not give you the same support as an actual short arm cast. This is a soft brace with breathable fabric. The wrist and thumb are protected with removable stabilizers, but you still have full movement of your fingers.
- 3/23/2016 11:47 AM
- What does this brace weigh? Is the teal colored sleeve included? I like this because it doesn't appear to encompass the forearm. I have de quervain's left side and am a small 5.5" wrist
- The brace wieghs about 1/2 lb and the sleeve is attached to the brace
- 1/28/2016 8:23 PM
- I have been told I have trigger finger and tendinitis of my thumb. I am in need of a brace that will totally immobilize my thumb Right now I am in a removable hard cast 1/2 side that is secured with an ace bandage. Will this brace provide complete support for my thumb and immobilize it from tip to wrist?
- The A2 Wrist and thumb will immobilize the thumb completely.
- 10/6/2015 8:57 AM
- Is this brace suitable for Dequervain's Tenosynovitis? The others I found that said "thumb spica" haven't kept my thumb from moving very well and aren't tight enough to give the support I'm looking for.
- Yes the Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica is indicated for Dequervain's
- 9/23/2015 4:26 PM
- I suffer from bursitis in multiple joints. It is in my wrist and thumb. I currently own a Procare Quick Fit WTO. I've never liked the fit. It's very bulky. I'm now needing a spica split for my left hand and was wondering if this air cast a2 model could replace what I have? If not what do you recommend?
- The A2 Wrist brace with thumb spica is definitely going to be a little cooler than the WTO. Any brace that covers both the wrist and thumb is going to be a little bulky. It may be slightly less bulky than the WTO.
- 8/7/2015 8:28 AM
- I have tendentious in thumb, wrist and elbows. I've tried so many braces that put too much pressure on the thumb. Can the stabilizers be removed and are they bendable to to fit my thumbs.
- The stays in the thumb on this brace cannot be removed but they are aluminum so they should be able to be molded.
- 5/4/2015 11:57 PM
- Is this recommended for tenosynovitis? I don't want to get a brace that will aggravate the sore area by pressing on it.
- Yes, this brace can be used for tenosynovitis.
- 6/18/2014 10:34 AM
- Is it suitable for wear 7 weeks after a scaphoid fracture, as well as dislocation of other wrist bones?
- Yes, you should be able to wear this brace after that time period.
- 12/1/2013 4:57 AM
- Will this brace work with carpel tunnel syndrome pain to wear all the time and not just at night. All the others that I have tried do not relieve my pain, so I thought I would try a different type other than the cheap flimsy ones you buy at Walmart.
- This will help with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and you can wear it all the time. Did you have troubles with your thumb? This does immobilize your thumb as well. If you just need something for your wrist then you will need this.
- 11/16/2013 9:15 PM
- Do you recommend this brace to use after a cmc joint athroplasty surgery?
- This brace will work fine after the surgery you had. It will immobilize the thumb as well as the wrist.
- 5/29/2013 3:42 PM
- I have the Aircast A2 wrist brace with spica. I would like to know how to clean this model without ruining it. It smells awful (probably bacteria/fungus) and is causing skin problems (fungus). We have to use it at least another four weeks during the day until a scaphoid fracture is fully healed.
- We recommend Hand Washing the brace with water and a mild detergent/soap. Do not put in washing machine or dryer. Air dry the brace.
- 4/7/2013 9:09 AM
- Is there any thumb icing or cooling for the lower joint portion of the thumb at the base of the palm, where it joins the wrist? Or any cooling packets to be adjusted or added to hand elastic support gloves?
- The Cryo/Cuff hand and wrist cuff can be used to ice the hand/thumb. Unfortunately we do not have anything that works in adjunct to our wrist braces.
- Reviews (7)
Aircast A2 Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica
Write Your Own Review
Your honest feedback
helps other visitors
in selecting their products
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
Great serviceThank you for the PROMPT shipment!!
My son has an avulsion fracture on his thumb and NEEDED the brace. He is a soccer player and his first game was tonight. Without the brace, he could not have played. He played and scored a goal. Score one for the home team and score one for YOUR team. Ordered Wednesday night and arrived Friday morning. OUTSTANDING!!
Fantastic support, just needs to be softer!Love the brace! I do wish however there was a few spots that had padding. I put a roll of gauze in the palm of my hand to keep it from rubbing on the brace where the medal piece is. I had less fatigue in my fingers after this. Also i wish there was padding where the thumb and medal meet at the end. Being that my thumb tries to move but can't because of the brace makes for it pushing on the medal piece. One last thing is the strap for the thumb should either be lined or have a larger piece of material between it and the strap. The small piece of material moves and your thumb is left rubbing against the velcro strap. All in all a fantastic support, just needs a few softer edges.
Love it!I've been dealing with CTS on and off for about 5 years. Never had a brace with a thumb before and now I wish I'd gotten one in the beginning. This last bout had my thumb lit up like a Christmas tree and this brace has provided so much relief.Pros: Good support, comfortable to wear.Cons: Wish it was about a half-inch longer (just what I'm used to). Would like it if the teal piece on top was black.
Very UncomfortableThe thumb spica part of the brace is very uncomfortable due to the way it is built. I fractured my wrist, thumb and tore a ligament in my thumb and was given a cast for 4 weeks then a brace from my Dr. Searhing online this brace looked a lot more comfortable so I thought I'd give it a try. It was not worth spending the money on since it gave me more problems and pain than I had without it. Also, it keeps your thumb in a very awkward position which prevents the index finger from falling "naturally" like it should. The thumb part does not provide very good stability since it is rather big and allows your thumb to move around a lot. The only plus side to this brace was the stability in the wrist area and the sea foam color.Share Your Usage: Recovering from Injury
Hi Kailen, Thank you for your feedback. Sorry this brace did not work for you. We offer a no-risk, unconditional 30-day money back guarantee. View our return policy and start the returns process here: https://www.betterbraces.com/returns. Please contact customer service for any issues. Thank you, Customer Service 800-553-601926 May, 2017
I was in an accident 2003, strained both hands hanging on to the steering wheel,In 2008 I had a lot of pain from my accident which was later found to be arthritis in both hands, thumb joints down to wrist I had been experiencing a lot of pain and over the years have gone through many braces and wraps, in fact a box full of them, they all gave me what I knew I'd like but never got complete satisfaction....stabilization, a sense of being locked in without movement, now I have it with the great selection and advice from BETTER BRACES, I can now feel less pain with a secure feeling of not worrying about bumping or movements, I just want to thank you all for giving me some relief. Relief because one day I'll be back for a brace for the other hand and check on a brace for my back that has given me fits for around 40 years and finally and most important to me a brace for my left ankle from a fall off a roof in 1988 that was miss diagnosed and left me in excruciating pain 24/7/365 right up to this date, being retired with fixed income, but I'll be back with people I know I can trust thank you BETTER BRACES although I'd say BEST BRACES.Pros: Everything, the material, the design, no whimpy traps that don't hold or stretch out.Cons: Sorry I had to work hard thinking of a con...... I have big hands so while putting the brace on I pull one of the Velcro out of its slot....... boy if that's all I've got to worry about.....Share Your Usage: Preventing Injury, Recovering from Injury, Chronic Instability
QualityReally helps with wrist. I have carpal tunnel & tendinitis & trigger fingers on both handsPros: Works good..Helps for sureCons: If thumb strap was padded or maybe elastic would b a lot more comfortable.. Velcro strap is sharp on edgesShare Your Usage: Chronic Instability
AirCastThis brace worked great for me and is still working great. I fell and broke my wrist. I didn't want a cast. so I bought a AirCast Brace. I have a old brace from my carpal tunnel But that didn't help any, the aircast supported my wrist and thumb from moving which is helping me heal.Pros: Properly keep me from moving my wrist and causing more damage. I was able to do more activity's with my aircast rather than a cast.Cons: None Aircast worked great for me.Share Your Usage: Recently Injured, Recovering from Injury, Chronic Instability, Daily Use
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
- 6/28/2016 8:21 PM