You're currently on:
- Procare Universal Thumb-O-Prene
- Product Description
- Size Chart
- Product Reviews
- Ask a question6
Features & Benefits
The enhanced universal wrap-around neoprene design provides a low-profile comfortable, custom fit that is both functional and simple. The unique design combines two stays, rigid and spiral plus a movable elastic strap to address various pathologies of the thumb including Tendonitis, Basal Joint Arthritis and instability of the CMC (Carpometacarpal) joint.
The elastic strap may be wrapped between forefinger and thumb to help stabilize the CMC joint without restricting the use of the thumb or wrist. Bilateral fits right or left thumb.
Procare Universal Thumb-O-Prene reviews
Questions on Procare Universal Thumb-O-Prene
- From firstname.lastname@example.org at 5/7/11 12:05 AM
- does this work on either hand
- Yes the ProCare Universal Thumb-O-Prene works on either hand and all sizes so there is only one part number 79-82700 to order.
- From Connie Nelson at 11/17/11 4:07 PM
- i have a wrist that seems swollen right underneath the hand; i pulled too hard trying to get my compression socks over my ankles; i also have a right thumb that is growing towards the left at the tip and a right index finger that is leaning towards the right also at the tip. i am looking for a brace that can keep my thumb and index fingers straight up and keep my carpal muscle nicely supported at the wrist as i sleep and possible wear it daily when not in water or cooking...can you help me find a brace that will do that so I don't get real crooked fingers...i am 64 yrs old and need a small...thanks you for your reply in advance...Connie
- Universal Thumb-O-Prene™ and a finger splint would be reccommended for your condition.
- From Pete at 2/15/13 12:24 PM
- Will I able to still play badminton wearing this brace?
- Hello, Pete -
Yes, the brace was designed flexible enough to be worn while playing sports activities.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
- From sharon at 3/26/14 2:54 PM
- I have arthritis of the thumb will these be ok to use?
Those braces will work for you, they have removable metal stays in them for support
- From molly at 5/2/14 10:36 AM
- I had a carpectomy and am in a long brace. I am looking for a shorter wrist brace that has a thumb imobilizer. not neroprene. it makes me sweat and it doesnt have enough support for the wrist. any help would be appreciated
I am not sure what length the brace you are in now but my suggestion is the Procare Quick Fit WTO:http://www.betterbraces.com/procare-quick-fit-wto The brace is ideal for wrist and thumb injuries, has no neoprene in it
- From bryan at 5/13/14 8:48 PM
- My thumbs are bad on both hands. Can this be switched between each hand?
- Thank you for your question. The Procare Universal Thumb-O-Prene is designed to fit either hand. It can be switched between the right and left hand at any time.