You're currently on:
- ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support Brace
- Product Description
- Size Chart
- Product Reviews
- Ask a question12
Great at preventing you from rolling your ankle!
Designed by an athletic trainer, the ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support provides excellent control and prevents the ankle from rolling over inside the shoe. This ankle support is ideal for athletes and active people who suffer from chronic ankle sprains and instabilities. In fact, this is the brace worn by many of the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) players, including Michael Chang.
What makes is the Kallassy ankle support unique is the lateral straps that keep the ankle locked in a neutral position. These lateral straps are further secured in place with a partial figure-8 medial strap and a high ankle cuff closure that ensures the "lateral strap" stays in place.
The low profile design of this ankle support makes it easy to fit in any athletic or even dress shoe. Easy to apply, all you need to do is secure the velcro closures in the front. We find the front closure to work a little better than the slip-on design and it can be easily adjusted without removing the shoe. It’s also faster to apply and more economical than constantly taping your ankle!
Constructed of a durable, ballistic nylon for long lasting wear. Nylon lined neoprene provides warmth and compression, yet allows for full dorsal and plantar flexion.
ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support is used to treat or prevent the following injuries:
- Grade I or II Ankle Sprains
- Chronic Ankle Instabilities
- Recurring Ankle Injuries
Product Features…and the benefits you’ll experience!
- Non-Stretch Lateral Straps
Your ankle is properly supported so you reduce the chance of rolling your ankle.
- Medial Strap Supports
Enjoy extra support in your arch and resists pronation of your ankle joint.
- Coated Fabric
Makes your brace more durable and lasts longer.
- Durable Nylon Construction
The nylon is lined with neoprene to provide warmth and compression, while allowing for full dorsal and plantar flexion.
Sizing and Measurements
Click on the Size Chart tab above to learn how to measure your ankle to determine what brace size you need.
Shop our complete selection of ankle braces.
Measurement: For proper size, measure the circumference of the ankle taken above medial/lateral malleoli.
|XXS||6"- 7 1/2"|
|XS||8 1/2"- 9 1/2"|
|S/M||9 1/2" - 10 1/2"|
|L/XL||10 1/2"- 11 1/2"|
|XXL||12 1/2"- 13 1/2"|
ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support Brace reviews
Questions on ProCare Kallassy Ankle Support Brace
- From Alex at 7/21/14 4:14 PM
- Would you say this is the best ankle brace you have for a basketball player who has sprained both ankles before?
The best brace for a basketball player is the DonJoy Stabilizing Pro ankle Brace http://www.betterbraces.com/donjoy-stabilizing-pro-ankle-brace
- From JB at 4/3/14 8:01 PM
- If my ankle measurement is 10.5 inches, what size Kallassay brace should I order?
- If that is the circumference of your ankle then you would be a S/M
- From Jesse at 2/2/14 1:05 PM
- I am learning to play ice hockey. When I turn to the right putting weight on my outside edge of the right skate my ankle inverts to much and I lose the edge and fall. I'm wondering if this brace will fit in a hockey skate very well?
- Yes the brace will fit in your skate
- From Becky at 9/18/13 5:37 AM
- My eight year old daughter (who wears a size 1 1/2) is in pain after every soccer practice/ game. Would the XX-Small work for her?
She may be too small for one of our braces. I woudl try the 2X, with better braces you do have a 90 day policy if it didnt work you could return it.
- From Barbara at 8/30/13 12:44 PM
- How high above the ankle does the Pro Care Kallassy & the Aircast Airsport come in the medium?
- This brace is 8 inches tall. How high it goes past the ankle would depend on how long your shin is.
- From john D at 4/28/13 12:32 PM
- I will be using the brace in Karate without shoes. I'm looking at the aircast a60 and this procare Kallasey in white. Which do you think would give me the best support and not interfer with my movement on the floor.
- We would recommend the Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace. It is designed for Chronic sufferers of ankle sprains. The braces includes foam-filled aircell cushions, semi-rigid lateral supports that prevent inversion/eversion, and compression.
If you are looking for Mild Support we recommend the Aircast A60.
Should you have additional questions please call product Support at 1-888-336-6569.
- From Larry at 3/18/13 12:19 PM
- Will these braces provide not only support but pain releif for a young athlete that is experiencing growth related pain issues? Thank you.
- This product is designed for ankle sprains. It will stabilize and ankle and lock the Talus in to prevent "rolling" the ankle. We do not have a product specifically made to alleviate the pain from growing.
- From Kelsea at 10/31/12 7:39 PM
- can I get these ankle braces in black?? My coach recommended these braces, and I would prefer them to be black to go better with my basketball shoes.
- Hi Kelsea,
The Kallassy does not come in black. I recommend the DonJoy Stabilizing Ankle Brace. It comes is black and offers great ankle protection.
Have a nice day.
- From Luis at 5/30/12 5:33 PM
- If I play tennis, and I have rolled my left ankle 3 times this year. Would you recommend to buy for my two feet, or just the left one?
- If you are prone to ankle injuries you could use this product to prevent an ankle injury on your uninvolved ankle.
- From Nancy at 3/29/12 8:19 PM
- Does this brace also tie up with shoelaces or is it secured with all velcro? How do you put it on? Thanks.
- It is secured with velcro, no laces.
- From Jenn at 8/20/11 10:45 AM
- Is this a good ankle brace for someone that plays volleyball?
- Yes the Procare Kallassy is good for volleyball players, so is the Donjoy Velocity Ankle brace.
- From Lynn at 11/23/10 9:17 AM
- can you wear regular shoes with this? I am looking for something that I can wear daily with my regular shoes to prevent my ankle from rolling. I have chronic problems with that and need something to wear daily that will help prevent this. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.
- Yes, you can wear most shoes with this ankle brace. It will add some bulk as does any ankle brace, but the Kallassy ankle brace is one of the thinner ankle braces on the market. In general athletic or walking shoes will be most comfortable. Dress shoes that fit tighter will be more snug.