You're currently on:
- Playing Football? Brace Yourself for Knee Injuries!
Playing Football? Brace Yourself for Knee Injuries!
In North America, one of the more popular sports to watch and to participate in is football. Thousands of people enjoy watching and playing this sport, which has been played by many since the early 19th century. There are two major football leagues in North America - the AFL (American Football League) and the CFL (Canadian Football League). The football played by each of these leagues is related, but there are many differences in the way each country's players play the game. Millions of people enjoy watching both leagues in action, both in person and at home, especially if they have big-screen televisions that will let them feel like they are right there.
Football Players are Bound to Have Knee Injuries
Football is an extremely rough sport, and many players have a number of injuries throughout their lives. Some of the more common types of injuries reported by football players are knee injuries, and many players find themselves undergoing various forms of treatment for their injuries, from the PRICE treatment method (protection, rest, ice, compression and elevation) to physiotherapy to wearing a football knee brace that is made specifically for the type of knee injury that they have. One of the more popular and well-constructed knee braces available today is the DonJoy Armor Knee Brace with FourcePoint Hinge. This brace allows the player to have full movement while still providing the support needed to help heal the injury. In fact, many players wear these braces even if they do not have any sort of knee injury in order to help prevent injuries from occurring.
Why the DonJoy Armor Knee Brace is So Popular
Many athletes, not just football players, are enjoying the benefits of wearing the DonJoy Armor Knee Brace. Linemen like them for their sturdy construction, and these braces are also popular because there is no need to be fitted for one. They are available right off the shelf in a number of sizes and styles, so most athletes can find one that is the perfect fit and the right style for the type of knee injury they have. The DonJoy Armor Knee Brace provides protection for those who play high impact sports such as football.
The DonJoy Armor Knee Brace offers the following features:
- Availability in sizes from extra small to three X large
- Options for standard and short calves
- Four-Points of Leverage Dynamic System, which helps to reduce strain on the ACL
- Adjustable Tension Resistance, so you have control of how much tension the brace offers
- Aircraft Aluminum Frame, for a knee brace that has loads of support, but is lightweight
- Anti-Migration Supra Condyle Pad, which keeps the brace in place no matter how active you are
- Calf Pinch Guard, to keep the brace from pinching the skin on your calf, which often occurs with many other types of braces
Those who play football can expect to have a few injuries, and more than likely, a knee injury or two, which will often result in the need for a good quality brace to help with recovery from the injuries.