- Product Description
UltraSling IV provides a 3-point advantage
UltraSling IV leads the way in comfort and convenience. The three-point strapping system is easy to put on, while its unique design eliminates pressure on the neck, leading to increased patient comfort and compliance. The soft, breathable inner lining with mesh laminate helps improve ventilation. And, a new, contoured cushion provides the needed abduction while relieving pressure on the ulnar nerve.
Features & Benefits
- 3-point strapping system evenly distributes weight and takes pressure off the neck
- Soft padded, customizable straps provide maximum comfort
- New contoured cushion design eliminates pressure on the ulnar nerve and provides comfortable 15 degrees of abduction<./li>
- Larger vents promote proper airflow
- Soft liner wicks away moisture and helps increase ventilation
- Color coded stress ball and label by size for quick identification and accurate dispensing
- Sized, universal sling design converts from right to left
Ideal for post-operative treatment following:
- Rotator Cuff repairs
- Bankart procedures
- Capsular shifts
- Glenohumeral dislocation/subluxation
- Soft tissue repairs/strains
- Size Chart & Fit Help
Sizes: Measure elbow crease to base of the index finger for correct size.
Size S Up to 11" (31.5 cm) M 11" to 13 1/2" (31.5-39.5 cm) L 13" to 15" (39.5 cm+) XL 15" and up; (31.5-39.5 cm)
- Ask A Question (8)
DonJoy UltraSling IV
Product QuestionsAsk a Question
Ask Your Own Question
- 5/13/2015 7:55 PM
- after making all the adjustments my forearm is dropped down past a 90 degree angle. I cant seem to get it to a 90 degree angle.
The straps on that sling can be trimmed to make them shorter, which should lit the sling up.
- 10/10/2014 8:05 AM
- Can the Ultrasling IV be worn without the cushion on the hip? Or is it permanently attached to the sling?
Yes the Ultrasling can be worn without the pillow. The Pillow is attached to the sling by velcro, just detach and unbuckle the waist strap to remove.
- 10/9/2014 4:34 AM
- When you measure, do you measure arm straight or bent?
Measure the elbow crease to the end of the middle finger. It does not matter if the elbow is bent or straight the measurement will be the same
- 4/8/2014 7:29 PM
- Is the sling strapped to the pillow, so that if I bend forward my arm will not move forward?
- The sling is attached to the pillow by a velcro strap so yes your body and arm will move together
- 4/6/2014 6:50 PM
- Can the IV strapping be purchased for the III sling?
- The straps cannot be purchased alone on BetterBraces.com. There is a Strap kit for the Ultrasling IV available direct through DJO customer service 800-336-6569
- 3/29/2014 4:11 PM
- I had ORIF surgery and will be in a sling for 12 weeks. How do I choose between an ultrasling II, III or IV? Doctor orders are rotation OK up to neutral.
The only differences betwenn these slings are material and strapping. The Ultrasling II has a cotton material in the sling, we had complaints of it being too hot so the Ultrasling III was made with a mesh materila in the sling for more ventilation. Those two slings have the same strpping over the opposite shoulder across the back to your waist. The Ultrasling IV has the same material as the III but the strapping system is a loop around the opposite shoulder to take pressure off the neck. All fot the slings come with a 15degree abduction pillow and will not rotate you shoulder at all.
- 1/22/2014 4:28 PM
- When I measure my arm as described it is 13&3/4 inches but I have a very large upper arm would I need to order a large or extra-large?
the thickness of your arm doesn't matter with the sling, you should order a large
- 11/1/2013 9:24 PM
- Can the sling be washed and if yes how.
All of our braces and supports can be hand washed in a mild detergent and air dried. You can just seperate the sling from the pillow and wash the sling then when it dries attach back on the velcro of the pillow.
- Reviews (2)
DonJoy UltraSling IV
Quality 5 star :50% ( 1 ) 3 star :50% ( 1 )
Write Your Own ReviewSort by:
2 Item(s)per page
Best Post-Rotator Cuff Repair Brace Out ThereReviewed by: Bill SBetter than the DonJoy UltraSling III. The strap rests on your opposing shoulder and not on your neck. The abducting pillow/bolster has been improved going from the III to the IV. Most comfortable.Posted on June 24, 2014
slingReviewed by: alanThe scratches my back up. you have covers for the front but none for the back and none for the back. I get hot and cannot wear a shirt all the time. Since I am stuck at home I should be able to go without a shirt but can't because your sling scratches me:( The sling is otherwise great.Posted on April 27, 2014
Price Match Guarantee
Shipping & Delivery
- 5/13/2015 7:55 PM