You're currently on:
- DonJoy Economy Hinged Knee
- Product Description
- Size Chart
- Product Reviews
- Ask a question8
Wear During Sports and Activities
The DonJoy Economy Hinged Knee Support provides mild medial/lateral support of the knee. If you have knee joint pain, have experienced an ACL tear or other ligament injury, this orthosis will provide you with a moderate amount of support as well as pain relief. This DonJoy knee brace contains a polycentric hinge with aluminum uprights in its sleeve. They provide light support to your medial/lateral ligaments, in addition to the support already offered by the orthosis's neoprene and strapping.
The Economy Hinged Knee is designed to be worn during active periods or while playing sports. Many employ padding to protect joints and muscle groups. Some provide stability to weak or previously injured zones, such as knee tendonitis and acl tears. Others utilize rigid structures to guard against trauma or jarring motions. Please note the DonJoy Economy Hinged Knee is the same brace as the Donjoy Sport Hinged Knee. The wraparound style is only available in Drytex material.
- Polycentric hinge with 10-3/4" aluminum uprights
- Uprights can be removed for washing
- Neoprene material or cool and breathable Drytex material available.
Take the measurement of your thigh and calf 6" above and below your kneecap using a flexible type tape measure. Use the diameter you measure here to choose your size.
|XS||13" - 15 1/2"||12"-13"||10"-12"|
|S||15 1/2" - 18 1/2"||13"-14"||12"-14"|
|M||18 1/2"- 21"||14"-15"||14"-16"|
|L||21"- 23 1/2"||15"-17"||16"-18"|
|XL||23 1/2" - 26 1/2"||17"-19"||18"-20"|
|XXL||26 1/2" - 29 1/2"||19"-21"||20"-22"|
|XXXL||29 1/2" -32"||21" -23"||22" -24|
|1.Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, legs slightly bent and leg muscles contracted.|
|2. Measure up six inches from the center of your knee with a tape measure, as shown.|
|3. Measure the circumference of your thigh at the 6-inch mark, as shown.|
|4. Measure down six
inches from the center of your knee with
a tape measure, as shown. Then measure
the circumference of your calf at the
DonJoy Economy Hinged Knee reviews
Questions on DonJoy Economy Hinged Knee
- From Tom at 4/15/10 8:57 AM
- What is Drytex?
- Drytex is DonJoy's exclusive solution for patients with neoprene sensitivities or those who prefer less warmth from their bracing. Constructed of a unique patented nylon core and polyester Lycra fabric, it allows for improved airflow while still giving ample support and compression.
Perfect for patients in warm weather climates and those with neoprene allergies or irritations.
- From Blake at 9/4/11 12:56 PM
- Is this completely waterproof?
Can i use it while wakeboarding?
Is there another brace that you can suggest for wakeboarding?
i partially tore my acl ( no surgery ) and have a little bit of tendonitis
- Our braces can be worn in water, as long as they are rinsed with clean water and let to air dry completely. The Economy hinged knee will give you some support for the torn ACL, I would also suggest looking at the Playmaker, it will provide a little more support for your ACL injury.
- Is this completely waterproof?
- From Herb at 1/8/12 11:02 AM
- Does this brace come in Left Leg and Right Leg or can the brace be worn on either leg?
- Hi Herb,
The DonJoy Economy Hinged Knee Brace can be worn on both the left and right leg.
If you have additional questions, please call 1-800-553-6019
Have a nice day.
- From HB at 11/14/13 1:47 PM
- How do you clean this brace? Mine has blue inside and is starting to turn brown and has a little odor. Can I take out the hinges and wash? I'm afraid the hinges will rust if I wash them with them in. Thanks.
- You should be able to take the hinges out via a slit at one end of the brace over the hinges. Wash the sleeve by hand with a mild detergent and let air dry
- From Chris at 2/28/14 5:09 PM
- Does this brace provide good stability when playing sports such as soccer where you have to make many quick cuts?
This brace gives both medial and lateral support of the knee and you can wear it to play sports.
- From kim at 3/21/14 11:25 AM
- What's the difference between a sleeve and a wraparound?
The sleeve pulls up over your foot and ankle to get it on your knee, where as a wrap around has velcro on the ends of the wrap and you wrap it on your knee.
- From Ray at 6/5/14 11:22 AM
- I am looking for a brace for an MCL injury to wear playing hockey. I need something somewhat sturdy but something that will fit under the pads. I need something a bit smaller than the playmaker. Will this work for me?
- Yes the economy hinged knee brace will give you the support you need for a MCL injury and can fit under the padding
- From Ken Witt at 7/21/14 12:30 PM
- I took out the metal hinges to wash the brace now not sure if I have them in the right way do you have pics or video of correct way the hinges go back in the brace thanks
- When you slide the hinges back in the brace should bend. If you can not bend the brace the hinges may have been put in backwards
Ask Your Own QuestionYou'll receive your answer via email either the same or next business day
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Includes the ligament protection of the Armor knee brace and even more ACL protection from the FourcePoint hinge.