Football is an intense sport that is incredibly taxing on the body. Athletes that participate in football put their bodies at risk each time they step on the field. The most commonly injured areas are the knee, shoulder, wrist and groin. Some football players also struggle with ankle injuries.
Here are some ways to reduce your chance of injury on the football field:
- Stretch before and after working out.
- Warm up before practice or a game.
- If you’ve had previous injury or want to do as much as you can to prevent injuries from occurring, wear football braces for the appropriate area (ie. football knee braces).
- Make sure your gear is not worn out and replace shoes when necessary.
- Learn the proper techniques for blocking, tackling, catching and throwing – good footwork can be the difference between an amazing play or an injury.
- Rest when appropriate, and see your doctor if you get hurt!
These simple steps can help greatly reduce your chances of injury this season.