Employees and individuals who work with their hands and wrists in repetitive movements on a daily basis oftentimes suffer from the early stages of carpal tunnel syndrome. Numbness, pain, tingling and weakness in the hand and fingers are early signs and it’s important to keep an eye on the area to prevent further damage. If you’re currently suffering from or looking to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome, our trained experts recommend the DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist Support to stabilize strain.
The contoured design of the brace fits the natural contours of the wrist and hands to provide the best in fit and support, allowing you to type, move and work just as you normally would. The adjustable straps and lightweight material also adds comfort while wearing the brace so you feel completely supported. Some braces on the market might make you feel like your wrist isn’t fully guarded, but the ConfortFORM incorporates aluminum palmer stays to control how much or little your wrist moves leaving you fully protected.
From ease of use, fully adjustable straps, durability and proper fit, the DonJoy ConfortFORM is a great solution for those looking to protect or heal themselves from carpal tunnel syndrome.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a common form of wrist pain – especially for individuals who perform tasks that involve repetitive motion of the wrist. Last week we posted about how to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome, which recommended wearing carpal tunnel wrist support braces. We wanted to recommend our top wrist braces for carpal tunnel (also commonly misspelled as wrist braces for carpel tunnel).
- Aircast A2 Wrist Brace – The Aircast A2 has adjustable straps that makes the wrist brace easy to put on and allows you to personalize the fit. It provides support while allowing full use of the fingers.
- DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist Support – The DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist Brace fits around your wrist and hand snug and tight, providing all around support. It’s lightweight and perfect for everyday use.
- DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist & Thumb Support – The DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist & Thumb Brace includes the benefits of the above wrist brace with added support for the thumb, making it a great dual thumb wrist brace. It not only supports the wrist and hand, but it also helps you control thumb movement.
Carpal tunnel can cause you to have pain, numbness or even burning sensations in the thumb and fingers. Wearing wrist braces for carpal tunnel can make all the difference in your every day pain, so check these out today!
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. This nerve runs from the forearm to the hand and it controls the sensations to the palm side of the thumb, index, and middle fingers, as well as the muscle power to the thumb. Patients who have carpal tunnel syndrome complain of pain, numbness and weakness in the hand and wrist.
Jobs that involve repetitive motion of the wrist, such as stocking or assembly line work, put you at risk for carpal tunnel syndrome. Luckily there are several ways to help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Wear a carpal tunnel wrist brace. Wrist braces for carpal tunnel syndrome help keep the wrist straight and may help patients maintain correct posture and wrist position.
- Rearrange your workplace. The way you interact with your environment could cause prolonged awkward positions. Following office ergonomic guidelines can help alleviate repetitive movement.
- Take frequent breaks. Use your breaks to perform stretching exercises on your wrist and arms. You can also check with your employer if your tasks can be rotated with other workers.
These simple tips can help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome and keep you working at your happiest and healthiest!