A few weeks ago we wrote about the importance of wrist protection for snowboarding. As that article mentions, it’s been proven that wearing a wrist brace while snowboarding significantly lowers your odds of wrist injuries while snowboarding. Here are the two wrist braces we recommend for snowboarding:
DonJoy Wrist Wraps – This wrist brace allows your hand to freely move around. It won’t get in the way, but still provides ample protection for the wrist during sports and job-related wrist activities. DonJoy Wrist Wraps are also very comfortable to wear and easy on the wallet.
DonJoy CXT & SXT Functional Wrist Brace – This wrist brace provides maximum protection for the wrist. It can be used for all types of activities that cause high impact on your wrist (even activities such as motocross, BMX, hockey, and football.) It’s made of carbon fiber so it’s incredibly strong, and you can adjust the range of motion of the wrist brace so that it matches your needs.
These wrist braces are also great for other activities or sports that involve a lot of falling, such as skateboarding, roller hockey and skiing. Check out our snowboarding wrist braces today!
A few weeks ago we shared about knee injuries while skiing. While snowboarding knee injuries do occur, they are not nearly as common as snowboarding wrist injuries.
As snowboarding gains popularity, so do the injuries that come from this fun winter sport. It is very normal for snowboarders to fall, but oftentimes they will put out their hand to brace the impact with the snow. This can lead to wrist fractures, wrist sprains, and other wrist injuries.
Wearing wrist braces on each of your hands may help protect you from getting hurt this winter season. A wrist brace with a rigid outer shell will help guard your wrists during impact. They also provide compression so that your ligaments stay aligned as you fall. According to an article found in the U.S. National Library of Medicine, wrist guards significantly lower your odds of getting hurt while snowboarding.
There’s nothing as bad for an athlete as being out for a season due to injury. Check out our snowboarding wrist braces today!
De Quervain’s disease is a painful inflammation of the tendons that control the movement of the thumb. In addition to this pain, swelling and difficulty moving the thumb and wrist during activities that involve pinching or grasping can also occur. Though the exact cause is unknown, de Quervain’s is commonly associated with overuse of the wrist and thumb during repetitive tasks.
Wearing a thumb wrist brace can help support your wrist and thumb and may help relieve the symptoms of de Quervain’s syndrome. Here are some thumb and wrist braces that are recommended for de Quervain’s:
- DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist & Thumb Support – This thumb wrist brace contours to your hand for proper fit and support. It helps stabilize both your thumb and wrist, alleviating pain from de Quervain’s syndrome.
- ProCare ThumbSpica – This thumb support is specifically made to help alleviate symptoms of de Quervain’s in the thumb and wrist joint. It has an open design that keeps your hand cool and your fingers free to perform tasks, while protecting and supporting your thumb.
- ProCare IMAK Smart Glove w/ Thumb – This thumb sleeve is ideal for the prevention and relief of repetitive motion injuries, such as de Quervain’s. It includes a comfortable bead-filled wrist pad to help support your hand and to help raise your wrist into proper position.
All three of these thumb and wrist braces are made from high-quality materials and are lightweight and easy to use. Plus they’re cost effective – so you may get de Quervain’s pain relief without emptying your wallet!
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a common form of wrist pain – especially for individuals who perform tasks that involve repetitive motion of the wrist. Last week we posted about how to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome, which recommended wearing carpal tunnel wrist support braces. We wanted to recommend our top wrist braces for carpal tunnel (also commonly misspelled as wrist braces for carpel tunnel).
- Aircast A2 Wrist Brace – The Aircast A2 has adjustable straps that makes the wrist brace easy to put on and allows you to personalize the fit. It provides support while allowing full use of the fingers.
- DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist Support – The DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist Brace fits around your wrist and hand snug and tight, providing all around support. It’s lightweight and perfect for everyday use.
- DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist & Thumb Support – The DonJoy ComfortFORM Wrist & Thumb Brace includes the benefits of the above wrist brace with added support for the thumb, making it a great dual thumb wrist brace. It not only supports the wrist and hand, but it also helps you control thumb movement.
Carpal tunnel can cause you to have pain, numbness or even burning sensations in the thumb and fingers. Wearing wrist braces for carpal tunnel can make all the difference in your every day pain, so check these out today!
Wrist pain is an extremely common problem because the joints in the wrist are often used for repetitive tasks. This leads to overuse, and problems may begin to occur, such as tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Wrist sprains and fractures are also frequent complaints of patients because the natural reaction when falling is to brace the impact with your hands.
Wrist pain and injuries may be prevented by wearing wrist braces. Wrist braces provide compression and help hold the wrist joint in the proper position when performing tasks. They are also great for patients who have recently had a wrist sprain or injury, or for people who tend to injure their wrists easily.
When selecting a wrist brace it’s important that you pick a top-quality manufacturer. DonJoy wrist braces come from a brand that’s renown for their cutting-edge design in medical and sports braces. Whether you need a wrist brace to wear during your favorite sports or some added support for work, DonJoy has the perfect wrist brace for you.